Had a bad day? That time of month? Is a baby taking over your body? Did someone break your heart?
Whatever you’re suffering from this is the chocolate recipe to make your day all better. Today I’m making a rocky road inspired brownie pie. It’s extremely chocolatey so savory lovers beware this isn’t for you, but I am 9 months pregnant so I made this recipe specifically to aide my last few weeks blues.
To start we’re making brownie mix from scratch.
1 2/3 cups pure cane sugar
3/4 cups (1.5 sticks) melted butter
2 tbsp. water
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups self rising unbleached flour
3/4 cups baking cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl
Now to make the rocky road topping
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
20 large marshmallows
1. Melt butter on stovetop in saucepan
2. Reduce heat add in almond milk
3. Add in cocoa powder, mix well
4. Slowly add in marshmallows, reduce to low heat
6. Continue to stir on low heat til icing forms
Pour icing onto brownie, top with crushed almonds and marshmallows as desired.
Marshmallow Fluff and Other Stuff,