I really love baking, making cupcakes in special flavors just because it’s Monday, it’s one of my favorite things to do. I often find though that when I make something delicious in the house, we eat ALL of what I make! James and I have really been trying to slim down and watch what we eat, so when I got a craving for cupcakes the other day, I decided while I would indulge, I would make a smaller batch.
This batch makes about 10-12 mini-cupcakes, they were so moist and delicious, and since I didn’t have a ton of them, I was able to put some extra time into really making the components and finishing touches their absolute best!
Devil’s Food Mini-Cupcake Batter
1 1/2 cups non-bleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup organic pure cane sugar
4 oz. cream cheese
2 oz sour cream
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup baking cocoa
2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs and sugar together, then add olive oil, and vanilla extract.
2. In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking cocoa, until combined well.
3. Stir wet mix into dry mix, then incorporate sour cream, butter, and cream cheese with hand mixer.
4. Bake in oven on 350 for 15 minutes
Side Note: I didn’t have any mini-cupcake wrappers on me, so I actually just used regular sized cupcake cups, and filled them only half-way. The result made them look like the tops of muffins! An adorable way to make small bites, if you’re out of the proper bake-wear!!
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz Cream Cheese
4 oz butter at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine cream cheese with butter and vanilla extract until beaten well.
2. Gradually add in powdered sugar, until smooth
Before icing the cupcakes, I simply melted some Vanilla Almond Bark Melts on a sheet of wax paper, and add some crushed Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds and allowed it to freeze while I iced the cupcakes. When all the cupcakes were iced, I broke my almond bark up into bite-sized pieces, and topped each cupcake with one!
This recipe was super simple, and great if you’re in the mid-week spurge mood and don’t want to overindulge on cake all week! 🙂
Cream Cheese & Cocoa,