I’m not always about pre-made, not-100% from scratch food. It’s typically something I tend to stay away from. However, around the holidays, there are so many different things to do that revolve around bringing a dish. It can be so hard to create aesthetically appealing food for these events, (you know you want everyone to compliment you on how good it looks) that is healthy and delicious and easy to make in a pinch!
A great recipe I’ve come up with is these holiday shaped chocolates peanut butter snacks. While they do only take about 7 minutes to make, you’re going to need to let them cool in the refrigerator for about 1 hr before serving, just to let the chocolate set. This is such a simple treat, and they are so fun to make!
Organic Peanut Butter Eggs
2 cups organic peanut butter (you can also use cookie butter, nutella or almond butter depending on your preference)
1 1/2 cups organic almond flour
1 bag (11.5 oz) Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
1. Combine Peanut Butter and Almond flour in a bowl little by little until the texture is more “dry” and not so sticky.
2. Mold peanut butter mixture into seasonal cookie cutter of choice.
3. Place peanut butter shaped eggs in freezer to harden. In a separate bowl, melt chocolate by microwaving in 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
4. Remove Eggs from freezer and gently cover in melted chocolate, making sure to cover each and every side of the egg. I used some white chocolate too, so I could make them extra Easter-y with sprinkles!
5. Allow to chill for 1 hr, then remove and enjoy!
These tasted awesome, and they honestly aren’t the most unhealthy treat to munch on during the holidays! I love how simple they were to make! These will definitely be coming back for every holiday now!!!
George Washington Carver,