This is literally the FIRST time I’m using box cake mix in a recipe on my blog! While I love making things from scratch and putting the extra love and effort into things, sometimes I just want to make something because it’s fun, and not worry about the nutritional aspect of it! I mean, from scratch or not, this IS a cupcake full of sugar, it’s 100% okay to skip a step here and there sometimes for the sake of time!
Since I was able to spend less time preparing the cake mix, I was able to spend more time on decorating, making them adorable and perfect for Easter! Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake mix is awesome! I found it at Wal-Mart for just under $3. The kit even includes real carrots and raisins to put into your cake, so the “semi-homemade” aspect feels more relevant with this mix. For these adorable cupcakes here is what you will need!
1 package Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake Mix
1 can cream cheese frosting
pastel gel food coloring
1 package (12) Bunny shaped marshmallow Peeps
4 oz white chocolate chips
1 package edible Easter grass
1 80z package Cadbury Mini-Eggs
12 2in “sticks”- I used paper straws that I cut into thirds.
1. Melt 4oz of white chocolate chips in microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring in between heating. Separate sprinkles you want to use in individual cups. Open Peeps and pull them apart
2. Dip the Peeps lower half into white chocolate, then dip into sprinkles, push halfway into bottom half while chocolate is melted. Lay on flat surface, let cool in freezer 30 min.
3. Following the directions, prepare the cupcake mix according to the box. Allow cupcakes to cool for 30 minutes before frosting.
4. In 3 separate containers divide frosting and mix food coloring in pastels you want to use. Frost cupcakes
5. Push in blades of edible grass, Push Peeps bunny in, and add Cadbury Eggs to the top! The batch makes about 18 cupcakes, and I only had 12 Bunnies, so I made some that just looked like Easter eggs next to blades of grass in a field!
These really are such an adorable cupcake to make! I enjoyed making them, and Cash is enjoying devouring them! I can’t wait til my family sees them on Sunday!!